incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject [ATTN] Incubator releases distribution area reminder!
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:17:57 GMT
Hi!

I've lately seen many incubator projects which didn't copy their source and binary distribution
packages to our official distribution area.

For Top Level Projects this is http://www.apache.org/dist/ and pretty well known.

For Incubator Projects the correct location is

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/

We already have good documentation for it [1] but this sadly doesn't mention the special incubator
area. Not sure if we should add this info?

NOTE1: The distribution area must only be filled AFTER the IMPC vote on the very release succeeded.

NOTE2: The distribution area must only contain the very last and up2date release bits. Delete
any older versions! They will not get lost because they will automatically get archived and
served under [2].

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html
[2] http://archive.apache.org/dist/

PS: txs to Daniel Shahaf for pointing me at the current docs