incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject migrating the main site to the CMS- a simple approach
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:21:14 GMT
So I realize that I don't have enough time myself
to convert the incubator site's content to markdown
even tho there are scripts to automate that process.
Instead let me offer a different idea- to keep the
existing build system but superimpose the CMS on top
of it.

To facilitate this, all that needs to happen is for
someone to find a generic way of invoking anakia so
it satisfies the command-line interface of

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/build/build_external.pl

(ie builds sources from ./content/ into a specified target
dir).

By generic, I mean a suitable command-line invocation
for the build_external.pl script for the "anakia" type
(basically supplying the right @system_args in the script)
so that pretty much any site currently using anakia will
be able to do the same thing.

Hopefully the challenge to produce such @system_args is
within the means of this community ;-)- it amounts to
1 line of perl at this point.