incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Giving podlings enough time to report [Fwd: Incubator PMC/Board report for Feb 2012 ([ppmc])]
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:10:09 GMT

On Feb 2, 2012, at 5:58 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> OK. With this and the script, I guess you would say that "patches are welcome" ;-)
>> If someone would point me to the script I'd like to see if I can make an improvement
trying on my new IPMC hat in a non-mentor role.
> The issue is that because the script is run the 1st of the month,
> it implies that the "lead time" for podlings will always be somewhat
> "short".
> But these are *reminders*. Podlings should know well in advance without
> these when their reports are due.

Understood. The deadline was recently moved up a week and therefore the message in the email
either needs to be rewritten.

> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
> board report.

"This is your only reminder that the deadline is very soon to submit your quarterly or monthly
board report."

Or the email could be sent a week earlier with no change in the text.