incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Giving podlings enough time to report [Fwd: Incubator PMC/Board report for Feb 2012 ([ppmc])]
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 19:40:23 GMT

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:30, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to point out that a reminder on the day the report is due is NOT plenty
of time.

> While the *reminder* may not have given you much time, note that
> podlings should already know their requirements and due dates. Having
> a reminder does not provide an excuse to ignore these details :-)

Not saying it is an excuse. Just saying that the message could be "friendlier" given the emphasis
on quality podling status reports that the IPMC must review.

>> I realize that this may be due to when the board chooses to announce the meeting.
I think that podlings ought to be reminded three weeks before the board meeting.

> There is no "announcement". The calendar is set well in advance:
>  repos/committers/board/calendar.txt

OK. With this and the script, I guess you would say that "patches are welcome" ;-)

If someone would point me to the script I'd like to see if I can make an improvement trying
on my new IPMC hat in a non-mentor role.

Thanks,
Dave