incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:30:23 GMT

On Jan 29, 2012, at 11:24 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 1/29/2012 12:11 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>> I intend to nominate Noel J. Bergman but would like to see the community come to
a consensus about the rotation of the chair.  (Dibs on Noel)  :)

> If this goes to a nominations and a ballot, isn't that implicit that
> we've agreed to rotate the chair?

I would rather have a community discussion, consensus and explicit vote about the PMC chair
rotation and its working parameters on this list before we move on to some implicit agreement
that began from a, imnsho, premature call for nominations on a private list.

> I general, because of the moving parts in incubator, I'd prefer we
> didn't try to rotate annually, but perhaps ever 2 or 3 years, if the
> elected chairs are willing to put up and commit for that long.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered.  Maybe 2-3 years is a good idea.

Regards,
Alan