incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bloodhound to join the Incubator
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 17:07:59 GMT
Thanks, Jukka.

What I find interesting is that most of the posts in the first thread are after the vote had
already closed here and it seems apparent they weren't even aware the vote had taken place.
 From what I read there was a single initial comment expressing discomfort about the proposal
that was answered with "At this point we're still in a period of community building and performing
enough discovery to form a detailed plan. As such precise decisions about what will be in
the first Bloodhound release are yet to be made."  which was responded to with "Cool. Looking
forward to seeing the detailed plan."

As I read it the ambivalence then seemed to be a wait and see about what the detailed plan
was to be.  I'm having trouble reconciling the answer in [4] since the only thing it could
be based on was that bit of discussion and what happened in private, from which it is clear
to me that they believed a plan was going to be proposed before anything was going to happen,
especially in light of the later comments. Even in the private discussion with the few that
were involved there apparently was misunderstanding as they said they expected more of a git-fork
rather than a community fork. That is hard to understand though, since all along they knew
the proposal was to come to the ASF.

There is quite a bit of history in there about private discussions. Nothing seems to have
been discussed in public with Trac until Dec 2, almost simultaneously with the proposal here.

So far, there has only been a single response to [2].

I've not come to any conclusion myself on this but at the moment I'm still uncomfortable.

Ralph