incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:07:07 GMT
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
>
>> If he has not resigned, why do we have this vote (or why started this
>> vote) ? forcing him to resign ?
>
> Because it is very poor practice, IMO, to just keep the same PMC chair in place forever
without giving others the opportunity.  This should not be a reflection on Noel and he should
be allowed to be re-nominiated and accept if he chooses. This question is why I'd prefer a
policy of just holding an election annually, even if it ends up just reconfirming the existing
chair year after year.

+1
But shouldn't we agree on a rotationi/reelection before we do the nominations?

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de