incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] eliminate vetoes on personnel votes
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:38:58 GMT

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Joe Schaefer <> wrote:
> There are currently 29 outstanding no votes made on
> a discussion thread merely for the fact that those
> candidates names were listed.

I count those as votes once I see them in an actual VOTE thread. We've
had similar VOTEs earlier, the last one passing just a few days ago,
and I haven't seen a -1 on them so I don't see much of a problem yet.

> There is currently a -1 on a current vote thread there
> as well.

Indeed there is! I stand corrected. Sorry for missing that one.

Assuming that vote indeed fails, the case for re-evaluating policy
gets much stronger. I'd question though, is it then better to change
the voting rules, or rather to clarify the responsibilities expected
of IPMC members?

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: