incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <>
Subject Re: Kato status (Was: Actively retiring projects)
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:13:23 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Jukka Zitting <> wrote:
> Hi,
> There seems to be some people assuming that the IPMC wants to
> terminate the Kato podling. Looking back I wonder if my original
> status review was the source of this:

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Jukka Zitting <> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Sam Ruby <> wrote:
>>> 2008-11-06 Kato
>> S: Zero activity.
>> R: Terminate.
> This was based on looking at commit and kato-dev@ list activity, both
> zero or very low for an extended amount of time. There was no recent
> status report.

AFAICT Soon after entry, the standards process stalled. This stopped
active development. Most of the activity after then has been the
community trying to find a way around the standards issue, with little
success. Progress depends on Oracle coming to a decision (one way or
the other) about the future of the standard. This might happen today,
tomorrow or in ten years time.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message