incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Actively retiring projects
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:15:43 GMT
On 16 January 2012 09:05, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

> ActiveMQ, Cassandra, CXF, Felix, Harmony
>
> Are people seriously suggesting that the ASF would be better off had
> we terminated those poddlings just because some time period of
> incubation had passed?

Can we please stop with this kind of language, Nobody has suggested
that a podling be terminated at a fixed point in time. Let me repeat
that ***NOBODY*** has suggested this.

What has been suggested is:

a) we need better feedback loops between IPMC and Podlings

b) we need better feedback loops between Board and IPMC

c) we need to do a better job of mentoring projects that seem to lack
a credible plan for graduation

d) where a credible plan for graduation is not developed with the help
of the IPMC then, and only then, will we consider whether the
incubator is the right home for that project

Can we please stop with the alarmist statements and silly votes.
Instead lets please focs on doing a,b and c. If we do that well no
project will ever get to d.

Ross