incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Actively retiring projects
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:32:12 GMT
On 16 January 2012 09:27, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Can we please stop with the alarmist statements and silly votes.
>
> This is Apache. Apache runs through VOTEs. No VOTE is silly.

Robert, you know better than this. I can't believe I really need to
quote how the ASF works to you of all people. But I do need to do so
for others who might be reading this:

"Reasons for Votes
People tend to avoid conflict and thrash around looking for something
to substitute - somebody in charge, a rule, a process, stagnation.
None of these tend to be very good substitutes for doing the hard work
of resolving the conflict."

Ross