incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Recommend graduating Apache Bean-Validation (BVAL) as a TLP
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:41:55 GMT
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:11 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 January 2012 21:04, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>

>> Dear IPMC, dear Community!
>>
>> The Apache Bean-Validation project provides an ALv2 licensed implementation of the
JSR-303 Bean Validation Specification and would like to start a VOTE on graduating as a TLP.
>> The podling is in the incubator since 2010 and successfully shipped 3 releases and
established an active community.

>> The internal PPMC VOTE has decided with 11 +1 (see [1]) that we would like to propose
graduation as a TLP.
>> We also went through the graduation checklist and made sure that we fulfilled all
requirements.

>> We would like to thank our Mentors and the board for their continued support and
also Roman Stumm and his team for contributing this project to the ASF!

>> We are happy to finally start the VOTE about the recommendation to the board about
graduating BVAL to a TLP with the Board Resolution Report attached below.
>> For better readability, the Resolution text is also available in our WIKI [2]
>>
>> Please VOTE on recommending BVAL as a TLP
>>
>> [+1] graduate BVAL as a TLP
>>
>> [+0] don't care
>>
>> [-1] nope, because (fill in)
>>
>> The VOTE is open for 72h.
>>
>> Incubator Page : http://incubator.apache.org/bval
>>
>> Status Page    : http://incubator.apache.org/projects/beanvalidation.html
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> the BVAL PPMC
>>

>> Board Resolution Report
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>> interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>> Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>> Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>> open-source software related to creating an implementation
>> compliant with JSR-303 and a library of pre-developed validators
>> and extensions for distribution at no charge to the public.
>
> I'm not sure I follow the sentence after "related to".
>
> implementation of what?
>
> Do the validators and extensions relate to JSR-303?
> Or are they independent?
> Is this Java-only software, or could other languages be used?

I agree that the project description words don't seem perfect and if
you go with this i think the board may ask you to refine them, but +1
to the principle of graduating bval.

   ...ant