incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actively retiring projects
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:59:39 GMT
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>>> +1
>
> Excessive snippage violation.
>
>> Voting to terminate a project through lack of success sends a very
>> clear message. Being 'terminated' is a very clear and public
>> punishment, both for Mentors and for the project.
>
> I didn't call you on it when you said "And now the IPMC seems to have
> brought only one club: terminate any
> podling": http://s.apache.org/htF
>
> I will do so now.
>
> What I, and others, have been asking for is for the Incubator PMC to
> read, review, and act on Incubator reports before they are sent to the
> board.  When a podling misses a month, or provides a report that is
> inadequate, or merely inspires questions, ask for that podling to
> report again next month.  If a podling deserves special focus, please
> ask them to report consecutively for a three month period, and in
> those reports address questions that have come up from the IPMC.  I've
> said this numerous times.  In case you missed it, here are two such
> links:
>
> http://s.apache.org/rN
> http://s.apache.org/D1c

Both of those are just from the last two days. By your own account you
and all the other ASF directors, several of whom who are also
Incubator PMC members, have been reading for example the Kato reports
repeatedly for 18 months and have made no comments, no questioning of
anything, no asking for clarifications, no asking for a new report
next month, and no asking to report consecutively for a three month
period, certainly no quiet and gentle comment to the mentors or
poddling to provide more detail in their report for next time.

   ...ant