incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <antel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Actively retiring projects
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:23:38 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 16 January 2012 09:05, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

>> ActiveMQ, Cassandra, CXF, Felix, Harmony
>>
>> Are people seriously suggesting that the ASF would be better off had
>> we terminated those poddlings just because some time period of
>> incubation had passed?
>
> Can we please stop with this kind of language, Nobody has suggested
> that a podling be terminated at a fixed point in time. Let me repeat
> that ***NOBODY*** has suggested this.

You and Sam have just replied +1 to Joe's suggestion that we are not
in the business of providing free hosting and that we should insist
some poddlings be taken to GitHub. The subject of this thread is
"Actively retiring projects". If what is being proposed is in fact not
actively retiring projects then lets shut this thread down and start
up some new threads on what the proposals really are.

   ...ant