incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On Etch status
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:17:44 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> But I guess it does meet the minimum size. If 3 is not enough, what
> number is? If it does become a problem, there's an attic process.

The project is already in the process of adding another committer. I
have every intention to put him on the PMC when graduating. The vote
on the private list also shows interest of other non-committing PPMC
members, so there might be more folks active-ish.

One of the biggest tasks for graduation IMO is to prune the PMC to the
really active members that are able to provide oversight for the
project, cut and check releases, apply patches and vote in new
community members. The latter doesn't seem to be a problem, other than
attracting new members.

> What would be really bad for Etch is if the incubator recommends it
> graduates into a TLP and then the board doesn't want to pass the
> resolution because it's a very small PMC. I would almost be inclined
> to prod board@ to see what they have to say on the matter?

Good suggestion. I'll do so.

Martijn