incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] eliminate vetoes on personnel votes
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:12:38 GMT
On 1/31/2012 11:38 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Plainly wrong:  It has been repeatedly established (even by the Chair)
> that policy decisions here are not subject to veto.  This is one of those times.
> Furthermore the documentation [1] clearly points out that procedural issues
> are to be decided by majority consensus, and nothing could be more procedural
> than a vote about how to count votes.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

You assert this is simply policy.  I assert that this is a fundamental
to "project bylaws", much like "we don't fork" (if we don't), or "all
votes require 3 +1's".  You change such things only by consensus or by
board mandate.

Greg just finished explaining that only the chair can submit any
changes to the PMC.  Try changing that with a simple majority vote.