incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wmr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 Release Candidate 3
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:10:48 GMT
On 1/26/2012 5:57 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Now you have me worried. This podling has 4 mentors listed. Only 1 voted on the release.
You indicated you were too busy to look at it and the other two didn't participate at all.
Although the tally below is obviously incorrect and needed to be corrected, your response
leads me to believe you weren't monitoring the voting on chuckwa-dev.  My worry isn't about
the PPMC or committers  but about whether this podling has sufficient mentors.  Is everything
being left to Chris?

Now, three, so yes it would be good to bring on another if someone has
some free cycles.  But there isn't much to be worried about here, I had
simply corrected Eric's post, and for the benefit of everyone on general@,
pointed out what the IPMC is sensitive to so that future release tallies
from any podling will be more informative.

> Mind you, I don't follow chuckwa-dev so perhaps my perception is incorrect, but a podling
should normally be able to get 3 IPMC votes just from its mentors.

We disagree; that entirely depends on the mentor's personal schedules.