incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bloodhound to join the Incubator
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 17:25:11 GMT
On 1/3/2012 10:55 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>>
>> ... Folks, can we please find a better forum for religious "This is the ASF" debates
>> to occur?  And keep discussions non-toxic here on general@incubator?...
>
> I don't perceive this thread as religious or toxic - I see a rather
> healthy debate on a difficult and important (for Bloodhound and Trac)
> question.

That much... is good ++1!  Is Trac a willing donor/partner/component-to-be-
consumed?  What is the effect of two dev communities?  All healthy good
questions to raise.  As easily as it creates rifts, it can also heal some.

The ASF will support a fork absolutely yes/maybe/never - that is where
I'd perceived the whole thread sliding off the rails.