incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release apache-manifoldcf-0.4-incubating, RC2
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:41:23 GMT

Having been through 5 incubator releases, I can tell you that having sufficient IPMC members
on the project to review the release and cast binding votes makes the process much smoother.
 However, 2 out of the 5 have required at least one additional vote from an IPMC member on
the general list, which requires someone unfamiliar with the project to invest the time to
thoroughly review the release.  IMO it is important to have enough mentors/IPMC members to
be able to release, but that is only a partial solution.  The general list still needs to
have IPMC members willing to take on the sometimes daunting task of digging through an unfamiliar
project to properly review the release.