incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Small but otherwise happy podlings
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:38:44 GMT
Frankly, I don't see that much use.
Of course reports are very important, but they most of the times are just copied over from
the previous month + a few adoptions.

And most of the times it's fine.

What I really expect from a mentor is to look at the code a bit, check if the code style is
consistent, give advise on NOTICE and LICENSE questions etc.A mentor doesn't necessarily need
to touch the codebase heavily, but he should at least be aware which parts exist and should
pick a few sources sometimes. Just to check if the quality is sufficient. Actively reading
the mailing list is imo important as well.

LieGrue,
strub