incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback on updated NOTICE and LICENSE files (was: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating)
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:26:58 GMT
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Jun Rao <junrao@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Apache has tools (like rat) to extract all the needed license? Digging
> out the license manually is both labour intensive and error prone.

The rat community has started working on whisker[1] (and some other
tools) but we really need more volunteers to step forward and start
contributing to the development. Some other tools have also been
seeded recently (eye and tentacles) but we need volunteers to step
forward to document and polish them for a wider audience.

Robert

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/whisker/trunk