incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Suitable Name Search: Drop Or Retain?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:20:11 GMT
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Robert, its not clear to me why a suitable name search should be dropped - is that
because the brand team will do this search on a projects behalf?

This seems likely to me

But this is a POLL. Each option has advantages and disadvantages.

> I see nameprotect is outdated, but a quick search by project members to see if there
are conflicts is still probably a good thing. It just might not have to be as thorough if
brand is ultimately going to do their own search.

This seems likely to me

This is how Incubator rules accumulate. Podlings needs help, so
guidance is documented. Over time these conventions harden into rules.
If the Incubator community wants to preserve quality with fewer rules,
it need to do less.

Robert