incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Can (Podling) Projects collect funds through certification programs?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:17:16 GMT
Further to Ians reply, I have a couple of comments inline...

On 13 December 2011 10:23, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
> How does the ASF deal with requests from companies that would like to get a
> certificate as reseller of a software?
>
> Are (Podling) Projects allowed to organize a "Certification" program for
> distributors and collect funds for their project that way?

There is no "certification" process. Anyone is free to do whatever
they want with Apache software as long as that use conforms to the
Apache trademark policy. This includes setting up a third party
organisation to accept donations, payments, license fees or whatever
you want to pay for your own distribution and subsequent contributions
to the Apache upstream project.

Ross