incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache DeviceMap, a data repository and APIs for mobile device information
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:04:08 GMT
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2011, at 9:57 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Note that the proposal mentions OpenDDR donating their *source code*
>> only - as mentioned in the proposal, the "details" of the repository
>> data will be discussed once the podling starts.
>
> The repository is the most valuable piece here. So I think it is important to discuss
this aspect here now. Appreciate the proposal authors commenting on it....

I agree that the format and contents of the DeviceMap data repository
require serious discussions: which sources of data to use, which
format(s) to use to store and to publish the data, how to trace data
provenance where needed, etc.

However, all this is IMO out of scope of the "do we agree for
DeviceMap podling to enter incubation" discussion that we're having
now. So, if you're asking out of curiosity I'm fine, but if you think
the acceptance of the podling should be based on this discussion
about the data repository "details", I disagree.

-Bertrand