incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for mentors for Flex (was: [PROPOSAL] Flex for Apache Incubator)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:01:43 GMT
Hi Doug,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Douglas Arthur <darthur@vmware.com> wrote:
> ...I'm willing to learn if the need continues to exist, but I have not participated in
previous
> ASF projects - so I'm sure I have a lot to learn. I'm very excited about the project,
so I want
> to do everything I can do to help it mature and be successful!...

Ok - as you are (going to be) a new Apache committer (I see you are
listed on the Flex proposal) you cannot be an incubation mentor [1] at
this time, but you're of course welcome to help in the day-to-day
operation of Apache Flex once it gets going.

Looking forward to this and to your participation!

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html

good to have at least one or two additional experienced mentors.

> It's also a good opportunity for ASF members (or committers - but those need to be voted
in as Incubator PMC members first) who haven't been mentors yet to join as "junior" mentors
and help while learning the ropes.