incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache DeviceMap, a data repository and APIs for mobile device information
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 21:11:42 GMT

On 23.12.11 18:36, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> The question is essentially about any existing assets the project is planning to
bring to Apache. While any answer to that is unlikely to disqualify the proposal, it may lead
to licensing questions, process questions, etc. So while this is curiosity of sorts, I think
it is an important thing to understand.

> Ok, I see your point and agree - but keep in mind that we're not
> intially planning to adopt any OpenDDR *data* - as I said, doing that
> or not requires more discussion once the podling starts.

I had this "twitter conversation" with Luca Passani, which is the
inventor of WURFL and seems not to be very happy about the openDDR data.
See here:

http://twitter.theinfo.org/150245251838255104

AFAIK the openDDR people do have another stance on the issue than Luca,
but it looks like it's wise to not rely on/use the OpenDDR data before
having looked into that issue very closely.

chregu

> -Bertrand
>

>> On Dec 23, 2011, at 12:04 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

to discuss this aspect here now. Appreciate the proposal authors commenting on it....