incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Droids report: needs IP clearance but already did a release?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:26:43 GMT
On 12/21/2011 12:37 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Incubator PMC,
>
> At today's board meeting, we noticed that the Droid podling report
> mentions "IP clearance" as its only step towards graduation, but
> according to http://incubator.apache.org/droids/ it has already done a
> release.
>
> Could the mentors check that the release is ok w.r.t IP clearance?
>
> Thanks,
> -Bertrand
>
> (intentionally writing to this list instead of to Droids directly: I
> think this is the kind of issues that the Incubator PMC should handle,
> and not the board directly)

That shouldn't have been in there. The IP clearance has been taken care
of. It was a Labs project, and everything else has come through from
people with ICLAs or with the grant option in Jira. The IP clearance was
marked complete in the clutch before the release. Thorsten, Ross, and I
all confirmed that we were good before I marked it off. 3rd party
libraries were checked and we're good there as well. I'm not sure why it
wasn't removed from the report.

At this point the issue blocking graduation is community size. If it
were to graduate now as a TLP, the PMC would be rather small, probably
about 5 people. I seem to recall a discussion that 5 was enough of the
people were from a variety of places (not all one employer). If it were
to graduate into another TLP, that becomes less of an issue. However,
that practice seems to be out of favor now.