incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Burroughs <chris.burrou...@gmail.com>
Subject Automatic NOTICE and LICENCE verification and generation?
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 19:04:27 GMT
I have been searching for a way to automated the generation and
verification of NOTICE and LICENCE files (data could be in a pom or some
other format) for the kafka podling.  The closest I could find was the
as yet un-released whisker [1] and a maven-notice-plugin [2].  Based on
the sparsity of reference neither of these appears to be widely used
yet.  The License Maven Plugin [3] also calculates all of the required
information to do what it already does, but as far as I can tell does
not already generate an all-in-one licence or notice file.

What program do incubator members or TLPs use to generate and verify
these files?  If no complete program yet exists, is there a file that
lists which lisences should be in LICENCE versus also in NOTICE per
http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices ?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/whisker/

[2] https://wiki.jasig.org/display/LIC/maven-notice-plugin

[3] http://mojo.codehaus.org/license-maven-plugin/index.html