incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Feedback on updated NOTICE and LICENSE files (was: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating)
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 06:16:35 GMT
I notice that the NOTICE has this incomplete statement:

   This product includes the scala runtime and compiler
   (www.scala-lang.org) developed by EPFL, which includes
   the following license:

There is not any following license.

I also notice that the LICENSE file has copyright notices.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Neha Narkhede [mailto:neha.narkhede@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 18:30
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: kafka-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Feedback on updated NOTICE and LICENSE files (was: [VOTE] Release
Kafka 0.7.0-incubating)

Hi,

The Kafka community is hoping to get some feedback on the updated NOTICE
and LICENSE files for Kafka, before we post a new vote for it.

http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/NOTICE
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/LICENSE

The previous vote thread or release artifacts are here -
http://apache.markmail.org/message/hntuhwkbazwlfdoe?q=Kafka+list:org.apache.incubator.general

We would appreciate it if you can please take the time to review this now,
since we would like to ensure a smoother vote this time around.

Thanks,
Neha