incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 04:14:45 GMT

On Nov 23, 2011, at 5:47 PM, Neha Narkhede wrote:

> Alan,
>>> It's unfortunate that the vote only took 24 hours on the Kafka list; it
> was my understanding that votes take 72 hours.
> Because the only change was in the NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files from
> previous RC, our champion (Chris C) suggested we could run a quicker lazy
> 24 hour vote.

Yeah, I'm not sure the vote can be shortened.  I could be wrong.  If it can then I totally
agree with the inclination to get goin' with this release.  I'm sorry it's had so many first
and starts.

>>> Anyway, I've found some problems in the NOTICE file in that Kafka
> uses/ship NUnit but it's not in the NOTICE file.
> Quoting sebb and Kafka's champion (Chris C) discussed this in the last vote
> -
> developed by" Your notice file should only include notices that you
> are *required* to have. Don't include acknowledgements in your notice file
> just for completeness.
> *>>> The NOTICE file should be as short as possible, but no shorter.
> *
> Having said that, we also don't have any jar like "NUnit" in the release
> artifacts.

  B     ./bin/../clients/csharp/lib/nunit/2.5.9/nunit.framework.dll

Reading the license

it seems to me that an acknowledgment  in the product documentation is required.  Am I misreading
their license?  (wouldn't be the first time)