incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SITE] Champion documentation
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:34:12 GMT
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 November 2011 22:39, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also, it would make sense to publish the name of the champion in the
>>> listing of podlings:
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html
>>> Not sure it needs to be a separate column.
>>
>> We could make it <strong>?
>
> If necessary, but I don't see the need.

Strong names, Champion, not strong names mentors. We would save a column

>> A separate column would make it less readable imho
>
> It would make the page wider.

Yes... thats would I think is not so good. I am one of these guys who
never have their browser at fullsize

>>> Perhaps appropriate the "Apache Sponsor" column for the new role, i.e.
>>> the title would become "Sponsor/Champion" and the contents would
>>> contain
>>>
>>> sponsor TLP
>>> name of champion
>>
>> Hm probably like this?
>> Shindig (Surename Lastname)
>
> I don't like that, because the Champion is not necessarily directly
> associated with the Sponsor.

Currently it reads:
"Where the Champion is not a Member of the Foundation (i.e. is an
Officer only), the Champion shall be a member of the PMC of the
Sponsor."
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion

Actually I think every Champion should be a member of the Sponsor. In
case of "Incubator"-Sponsor, did we ever had the situation that a
Member championed but was not on the IPMC? If this is not the case I
would prefer to rephrase this to:

"The Champion shall be a member of the PMC of the Sponsor."

Thoughts?

> Having the champions name on a separate line makes them look more independent.

Thats correct, but I think they are not really independent.

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de