incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Clarify the role of the Champion as an "incubation coordinator" (was: should podlings have informal chairs?)
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:37:43 GMT
+1 on everything, just a few comments...

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> 3. The Champion is not necessarily a mentor.

Not sure if that actually makes sense. I think a Champion is a mentor
by default somehow

> 4. The podling can elect a new Champion at any time

I think once the project has entered incubation, the Champion needs to
be reelected. When the project has been accepted, it should be the
first vote they make. Sometimes a Champion does not want to stick
further with the project, if there are enough other people interested
in it.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de