incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Clarify the role of the Champion as an "incubation coordinator" (was: should podlings have informal chairs?)
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:11:17 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Christian Grobmeier
> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
>> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>>> 3. The Champion is not necessarily a mentor.
>>
>> Not sure if that actually makes sense. I think a Champion is a mentor
>> by default somehow...
>
> Not if a podling PPMC member is elected as a Champion as the podling progresses.

Hm... it feels wrong somehow. If a pre-incubation Champion must be a
$x-Member to enable a new podling, then the incubation Champion should
be an $x-Member too. I can already hear the questions: "Can I serve as
a Champion, I am not a committer, but would like to bring this project
to the asf".

Well, I am not a huge fan of the Champion term myself: http://bit.ly/uwzzuo

Probably we need to to rename Champion to something else...?

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de