incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Clarify the role of the Champion as an "incubation coordinator" (was: should podlings have informal chairs?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:07:52 GMT
On 24 November 2011 03:29, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
> <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>> I'm sorry.  I did not mean to suggest that the champion of the PPMC of which I am
a member is any of those cases.  I'm certain our champion is an ASF Member.  I haven't checked
to see if the champion is a member of the IPMC, though I wouldn't be surprised.

> You (as a committer) can verify that for yourself by looking here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt

Or consult the public

http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#incubator-pmc

which *should* be the same (it's the LDAP committee list for incubator).

>> I was not speaking on behalf of champions being elected at all.  The case in my
experience is where a champion continued championing after the podling was established.

>>  - Dennis
>
> - Sam Ruby

(was: should podlings have informal chairs?)