incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: concerns about high overhead in Apache incubator releases
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 00:25:32 GMT
On 29 November 2011 18:34, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> No committee can take action without a majority on that committee
> approving the action.  The VP might take action by fiat (they are
> given that authority) - I can't imagine that would ever happen
> except in consultation with legal-private@ for a legal issue raised
> on private@ that impeded that release for the time being.

That definitely makes more sense, and agrees with the HTTPD page
(recently updated by Roy):

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html "Who can vote?" which says:

"For the ASF to release the candidate tarball/archive, at least three
project members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be
more positive than negative votes for the release."

> So whomever wrote
>

>  Votes on whether a package is ready to be released follow a format
>  similar to majority approval -- except that the decision is officially
>  determined solely by whether at least three +1 votes were registered.
>
> either meant
>

>  Votes on whether a package is ready to be released follow a format
>  similar to majority approval -- except that the decision requires
>  a quorum of at least three affirmative (+1) votes.
>
> or was outright wrong.

No wonder podlings are confused ...