incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc4
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 17:45:02 GMT
On 7 November 2011 14:48, Jörn Kottmann <> wrote:
> On 11/7/11 3:29 PM, sebb wrote:
>> On 7 November 2011 09:30, Jörn Kottmann<>  wrote:
>> Where is the SVN tag?
>> The KEYS file?
>> Links to both should be provided in the VOTE e-mails please.
>> The NOTICE file in the binary zip contains the following paragraph:
>> "This product depends on Apache UIMA developed at
>> The Apache Software Foundation (, licensed
>> under the Apache License 2.0 (see LICENSE file)."
>> This should be removed; NOTICE files are for *required* notices only;
>> UIMA is covered under the earlier ASF paragraph.
> Our mentors told us that all references should be mentioned in the NOTICE
> file, OpenNLP does not even redistribute UIMA. So even if it would be an
> external library there would be no need to include it in the NOTICE file.

Exactly. The NOTICE file is for included items only.

> Is the new common way of doing things now the one suggested above?

AIUI it was always - and still is - the case that the NOTICE file is
for required notices only.

If there is a document that says otherwise, please provide details here.

Not quite sure why there are tar.gz and zip versions of the binary
archive, but only a zip version of the source archive.
I would expect there to be a tar.gz source archive as well.

The source archive contains some files that are not in SVN:
pom.xml.releaseBackup (several, in different directories)

Looks like there was some kind of packaging problem.

[SVN still contains a .cvsignore file under
opennlp-uima\src\main\java\opennlp\uima\namefind; this can probably be