incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:49:18 GMT
On 21 November 2011 18:22, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about getting rid of the word 'champion'?  Seems like there are two
> roles: the Member(s) which backed the proposal to enter the incubator, and
> a Coordinator.

I think Champion is a good name, especially for the pre-podling phase.

Seems to me it often takes more than a mere Coordinator to ensure that
the proposal reaches the vote to accept a podling.

For the current issue - ensuring podlings don't get lost on the way to
graduation - maybe a "shepherd" is needed.

But I still think the original Champion could be tasked with the role.
If they were keep enough to act as Champion to ensure that the project
was accepted as a podling, one would hope they would be keen to ensure
that the podling eventually graduates.