incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:03:50 GMT
On 21 November 2011 01:56, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
> That seems an unusual approach to building the src. It also means that
> to build the complete 0.8.0 release which contains 60 something
> modules would require manually typing in over 400 commands which is
> not very practical, i doubt anyone who voted +1 for the release
> actually did that. I think an ASF release like this should have also
> had a single source distribution that contained all the source for all
> those modules along with a build script to build them, and IMHO your
> mentors should have helped you do that. Would you consider doing
> another release like this before you graduate?

+1, well put.

?

from the Apache Incubator to a Top Level Project.

new committers (12 in total now) from diverse organizations and did a release in May this
year to demonstrate we follow the Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability to self-govern
using accepted Apache practices and ACE continues to attract new contributors and users.

ACE is ready and willing to graduate. Once this vote is succesful we create a board resolution
proposal or Charter and start a vote on the general incubator list. The full process is described
at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel