incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:03:06 GMT
On 23 November 2011 23:52, Neha Narkhede <neha.narkhede@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kafka community is excited to share that RC for release of
> Kafka-0.7.0-incubating has been +1'd over at kafka-user@incubator. Please
> try it out and vote for the Apache Kafka 0.7.0-incubating release. This is
> the first release of Kafka since we've joined the Apache incubator.
>
> Based on the feedback from the previous vote, we have fixed the NOTICE,
> LICENSE and DISCLAIMER files. Also, we now publish the source artifacts in
> addition to the binary release artifacts.
>
> Vote thread
> http://markmail.org/message/rxvhl2af6ywak432?q=kafka+0.7.0+candidate+7
>
> Release artifacts
> http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-7/
>
> SVN revision
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/branches/0.7@1205122

Rather than use a specific branch revision, the normal practice is to
create an RC tag, for example:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/tags/kafka-0.7-RC1

If the vote succeeds, rename as (or copy to)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/tags/kafka-0.7

If the vote fails, update SVN and create

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/tags/kafka-0.7-RC2

and repeat.

Failed RCn tags should be kept until the end of the vote for
reference; they can be deleted later if required.