incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE file must be minimal (was: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating)
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:52:21 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> I agree that a non-minimal NOTICE might not warrant rejecting a podling
> release, but the next release should fix that.

Agreed.

For some background: Keeping the NOTICE file as lean as possible
(given constraints from upstream licenses) is a great service to any
downstream project that redistributes our releases. The simpler the
NOTICE file is, the easier it is to meet the requirements of section 4
of ALv2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting