incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 01:33:47 GMT
+1 binding

On Friday, November 18, 2011, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> +1  binding
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>
> On Nov 17, 2011, at 2:42 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>
>> In my opinion, ACE is ready to begin the process of graduating from the
Apache Incubator to a Top Level Project.

>> Since joining the incubator in in May 2009 we've added 4 new committers
(12 in total now) from diverse organizations and did a release in May this
year to demonstrate we follow the Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability
to self-govern using accepted Apache practices and ACE continues to attract
new contributors and users.

>> The first step is to vote as a community, demonstrating that ACE is
ready and willing to graduate. Once this vote is succesful we create a
board resolution proposal or Charter and start a vote on the general
incubator list. The full process is described at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel