incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Clarify the role of the Champion as an "incubation coordinator" (was: should podlings have informal chairs?)
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:59:51 GMT
The last time I was in this neighborhood, I was told (by no less than
our esteemed chairman) that the Champion's role was purely to play
Virgil on a podling's initial tour of the Foundation and the
Incubator. Once the podling was accepted, the Champion evaporated.

If I add Bertrand and Christian's remarks, I come up with two possibilities:

1) Each podling has a 'lead mentor', who signs up for specific
responsibility for monitoring the podling and reporting problems to
the PMC.

2) We redefine the term Champion to be a sort of meta-mentor who,
somehow, watches out for bears or missing mentors without necessarily
getting deeply involved.

As far as I'm concerned, the original role of Champion is fairly silly
and symbolic, and any ASF member can help a podling make a proposal to
the incubator.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message