incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:36:31 GMT
2011/11/17 Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com>:
> Again, I'm not against doing things differently for future release
> (and the reason this release looks like it does is because that is
> configured like this in the apache-parent iirc). However, I'm still
> confused what all of this has to do with the graduation proposal vote
> and why this has to be on general@.
>
> The release vote has passed a while ago and I don't see that the
> release is invalid because we don't use a certain svn layout or maven
> config. The source is in dist and the tags are in svn. I suggest we
> move discussion about future release layouts to the ace-dev list and
> into a separate thread unless you disagree.

Exactly and I fail to see what this all has to do with the graduation vote.

Carsten

?

from the Apache Incubator to a Top Level Project.

4 new committers (12 in total now) from diverse organizations and did a release in May this
year to demonstrate we follow the Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability to self-govern
using accepted Apache practices and ACE continues to attract new contributors and users.

that ACE is ready and willing to graduate. Once this vote is succesful we create a board resolution
proposal or Charter and start a vote on the general incubator list. The full process is described
at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel

>>> --
>>> Karl Pauls
>>> karlpauls@gmail.com