incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:55:33 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>... We should be reporting to the board about OUR work, not the work of
>>> the podlings.  Podlings should only be brought in for a few specific
>>> examplesto mention.  That's the first thing to correct.
>>
>> +1
>
> I agree as well, and for this to work we need a few IPMC members to
> review reports every month (volunteers?), and someone to coordinate
> (Noel?).

Not only are the monthly reports a useful way of letting people know
what's happening, but the board minutes form our public record. IMO we
should continue to include them until we have a working alternative.

Evolution into a public report makes sense to me and sounds doable.
Something with more editorial and increased community focus form
podlings could be pushed out by marketing, and help to build
awareness.

Robert