incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Apache Have a 'Rule' Problem, or does the Incubator sometimes just make it look that way?
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:28:48 GMT
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Christian,
>
> Your proposals read to me as an elaboration and extension of some of
> the things I wrote. I think that Joe S's reaction to me, insofar as I
> understand it, makes some sense.
>
> Let's see if we can find a small group of members of the IPMC who are,
> in fact, willing to take seriously the task of supervision.

I have some personal understanding[1] of the level of individual
commitment that would be required to supervise this many sub-projects.
I recommend that anyone thinking about supporting this proposal
subscribe to all the incubator lists and read every post for a month
or two.

> If we can build such a group, it would be the logical nucleus of a
> reboot. If not, well, we've got other problems.

Care to give some specifics?

Robert

[1] Back in Jakartaland