incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:33:02 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> But I think you mentioned something important, the fuzzy benchmarks. There
> are some we can make more critical, like: sign copyright stuff within
> 3 months or leave. Something like that.

Legal stuff isn't always clear cut (Sam's fractal boundaries). Rules
about fixed time limits would increase the risk to Apache of unsafe
sign off. However, introducing more structure for main sequence
podlings including some soft time limits (sign off copyright within 3
months or expect IPMC scrutiny) would probably be useful, I think.

Robert