incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:06:27 GMT
On 21 November 2011 16:47, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Personally I am against the idea of picking a chair
> for a podling early.

That's not the proposal, although it was suggested and I believe
rejected (for reasons similar to the ones you gave), at least I've not
seen any support for it.

The proposal is as the subject says "an informal chair". The name
seems to have moved to champion in order to avoid any impression of
leadership.

The responsibilities would be to the Incubator PMC to ensure that the
project is progressing rather than struggling with busy elsewhere or
inactive mentors.

Does your concern extend to this role?

Ross