incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: concerns about high overhead in Apache incubator releases
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 01:59:58 GMT
On 28 November 2011 00:46, Chris Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org> wrote:
> I reject the RTFM
> suggestion as trolling.

I never aid RTFM. I said the documentation in conjunction with mentors guidance.

I also said the documentation needs work and asked for specific
pointers as to where.

Furthermore I supported Joe's comments with respect to knowing what
the voting rules are. If a mentor allows a release to stop because of
a minor tweak required here and there then it is a failing of the
mentor not the process (and please don't take this personally, only a
couple of weeks ago *exactly* this happened to a project I am
mentoring and I allowed it to stop the release. I'm not pointing
fingers, I'm simply stating how it is for all of us).

> The
> Incubator is a curriculum, not a community.

This I can agree with. There are other threads underway right now
addressing this very point. Do you think the proposals floating around
right now will help address this and provide adequate support to
mentors?

Ross