incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:14:58 GMT
Again, I'm not against doing things differently for future release
(and the reason this release looks like it does is because that is
configured like this in the apache-parent iirc). However, I'm still
confused what all of this has to do with the graduation proposal vote
and why this has to be on general@.

The release vote has passed a while ago and I don't see that the
release is invalid because we don't use a certain svn layout or maven
config. The source is in dist and the tags are in svn. I suggest we
move discussion about future release layouts to the ace-dev list and
into a separate thread unless you disagree.

regards,

Karl

?

from the Apache Incubator to a Top Level Project.

new committers (12 in total now) from diverse organizations and did a release in May this
year to demonstrate we follow the Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability to self-govern
using accepted Apache practices and ACE continues to attract new contributors and users.

ACE is ready and willing to graduate. Once this vote is succesful we create a board resolution
proposal or Charter and start a vote on the general incubator list. The full process is described
at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel