incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:13:06 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I think why its come up here now is because part of judging if a
>>> poddling is ready to graduate is if they understand how to make and
>>> review ASF releases properly. And with whats be said here and how the
>>> source has to be built i'm wondering if anyone who voted +1 for the
>>> release would have actually tried to build any of the source.
>>
>> I guess the point is: are you arguing that the release should not
>> haven been accepted by the incubator in the first place on the grounds
>> that you find it hard to build and hence, you want to see a new one
>> before the we can vote on approaching the incubator for a graduation?
>>

> I'm not arguing anything yet. Some valid comments and questions were
> made in the vote thread, you asked why they were happening here and i
> tried to answer that. The Incubator people should have an opportunity
> to discuss a graduation, perhaps some of that might be better on a
> graduation discussion thread but there wasn't one of those before the
> vote.
>
> The release does look a bit dubious to me.

Well, I understand that part and I agree that this is worthwhile to
discuss. I'm just trying to get this sorted-out into something that we
can discuss on the incubator level i.e., based on incubator
requirements. In that sense, what are dubious points with the release
that we as incubator pmc overlooked when voting on it?

regards,

Karl

p.s.: Regarding the vote, let me make clear (in case it got missed):
marcel did cc general@ on the community vote on whether we want to ask
for graduation.This is not yet the actual incubator vote. Obviously,
we better catch problems now so I think its good we have this
discussion.

>   ...ant

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com